3/4/11

Days 1 and 2

Day 1:

It started off with getting late into Indianapolis cause I missed my connection flight from newark to Indy. Had to wait for 6 hours on the airport to get the next connection flight.
Coach Steve Farley picked me up  from the airport at a quarter to midnight, armed with some food and drinks assuming that I must have been hungry and thirsty after travelling for 23 hours.

During the car ride he told me very interesting information about his work, being the coach for Butler University. When we got to his house I met his wife Lisa Farley, also a teacher at Butler University. They have to children Hannah and Sarah and a dog called Griffin.

Day 2:

Woke up at the farley farm after 4 hours of sleep and had a cup of coffee and cereal for breakfast. Got a chance to chat with Lisa and Hannah. Before we left Steve showed me how the famous maple sirup was made for the even more famous pancakes...
Coach Coach Farley gave me a Butler campus tour, by car, which was really cool and  introduced me to very nice people: Groundskeeper Jimmy, Butlers Laundry woman Jenn, Coach Throneburg, Coach Jackson from Bloomington Indiana, Coach Tyner, Karen from the sports administration, Butler Newsmen Jim and Josh, The Butler Baseballteam (picture will follow) and Tiffany the team Trainer.

During practice I got to hit some fungo to the infielders and took batting practice with the team. Afterwards I shot some hoops in the famous Hinkle Fieldhouse.

For Dinner we had some fish, veggies, mashed potatoes...


Go Bulldawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment