3/16/11

Day 8, 9 & 10 in Chicago's Area




Monday morning nice to stay home after this busy week-end... Afternoon we were going to Maine West High School. There we met Nelson C. Cord, Head Coach of the freshmen's team. The practice was scheduled outside. A lot of outfield routines to see. Despite the cold those young players were enthusiastic. But after 2 hours, we were totaly frozen !


We drove immediatly to Play Ball USA, the office and baseball facilitie of Nelson. There kids and girls can have private practices and lessons. This is the club housetoo for differents travel teams that Nelson is managing. After closing the office, I could had a BP practice with the objective to analyse my batting motion. A great moment especialy when he put the the film of my BP on the computer to see in details all my mouvements. Very rewarding.


Tuesday was a new big day too. First, Pete and I met Al Budding and Tom O'Connel (Vice-President of International Sports Group & Former President of the ABCA) at US Cellular Field Home of the White Sox. Due to Pete Catizone (WS Tickets Manager) we've got an unforgettable private visite of this huge field. A great time!


Later, back to St Charles High School for my last time with the North Stars. One part of this meeting was to analyse the pitcher's motion with me throwing. A good exercice to correct live the incorrect mechanics and a better way to adjust it for my future teaching. For myself, I would like to stay a little longer with this team a coaching staff for the opening day. Thanks to Tood, Terry, all the coaches and players for this amazing time with you. Have a succesfull season...


In the evening, we went to Professional Sports Performance in East Dundee. There Pete an d I had a private lesson to give. A nice facilitie for a very efficient infield practice. As often we drove back home late.


Today first quiet day. A little shopping, a nice tour in Chicago's suburds and country. In the evening I had a dinner whith Pete and Beverly Caliendo. The end of this trip sounds like to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment